Thursday, July 2, 2009

The summer so far...


Well, I do not feel like the summer has really gotten underway yet because I have been in workshops or out of town. During the first week of summer, I attended a workshop for Math curriculum writing. This was a very informative, learning experience for me. The second week, I attended a technology workshop where I learned so many new applications to use next year. I get really excited when I learn new ways to integrate technology in the classroom. If you talk to any of my teacher friends or current roommates, they can verify this quickly. I am hoping that me, Tiffany, and Laura get granted 15 laptops to share in the upcoming year. We applied at the end of the year and are awaiting the response. After this workshop, I headed to Mississippi for a wedding. This was the wedding of Kristy's old roommate, Meagan Ellis. It was a fun, yet hot evening. We had a good time dancing and laughing while watching the celebration go on.

After this, I went home to see my dad for a few hours on Father's Day. He flew in from deploying 200+ of his men to Iraq, and then he had to turn around and fly out the next day for summer camp with the guards. I just love my dad!! He is such a fabulous dad, husband, brother, and friend!! I was honored to be able to see him for a few hours on the one day a year that honors fathers. Then, I stayed the week at home, catching up with friends and family. I loved having the downtime to see everyone without feeling so pushed.
I also had a Mary Kay party on the day I left Tuscaloosa. It was good practice for me, as I am trying to push through the fears of not being successful in this business. I know it is a fabulous company and amazing products, but I get really nervous about being pushy and/or not successful sharing with others as a servant. I am working through this, as God continues to push me in directions I am not very comfortable in but serve as life lessons learned.
After the party, I headed back to Mississppi where I attended the wedding of one of my college friends, Haven Hale. I just think she is fabulous, and the wedding was nothing short of entertainment. From the music selection to the "Do you have the ring?" to the fun slideshow to friends serving as the bridesmaids, the ceremony was so sweet. I was so glad to be a part of this day. I know that college came and went so fast and I often long for those days back so that I can do things differently. One of them being really investing in people more and being a more vibrant part of their lives. As we know, those days can never be gotten back, so I am really trying hard to be a part of as many of my college friends' lives as possible. I have missed several weddings and baby arrivals, but am making it a true effort to be a part of as much as possible from here on out. I look forward to the journeys ahead with each and everyone of my Masker sisters, as well as many Lockhearts and friends from high school.
I am now back in Texas where I have been enjoying time with the new roommate, Megan, pronounced M-A-gen. :) She is so much fun and has truly been a blessing to me and Kristy. I have been trying to cook a few dishes this week, which turned out to be edible, and pretty tasty. Megan will have to let you know more on these, but I think she was just being super nice when she said she loved it all. Anyway, Kristy was not here until yesterday, so Megan and I were hang out buddies. We have since caught up Kristy on all the fun! We all have so much fun together! God truly had a hand on the piecing together of our friendships! I am so blessed!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Yay for finally being on vacation! :)