Well, I am just not feeling well. I was not feeling well last weekend, and now...getting worse. I thought it was just sinus stuff last weekend, but over the week it has developed into more of a head cold. It is so not fun not feeling like yourself on the weekend--the time you want to get out and do something. I just hope I can shake it, but it is hard when the little ones come in with germs, germs, and more germs every day. I am hoping my immune system builds back up soon!! That is enough of my sob story.
I am kind of thankful for it in a way, though, because I have been able to be a bum and watch some football today. I enjoy catching up on the SEC world!! Both teams from Alabama are having successful days today...that is super!! I like to see them both do well!!
Other than fighting this nasty cold, there is not a lot going on for me. I have been staying late at school, trying to tutor at Huntington, and selling Mary Kay here and there. I am really excited for the Mary Kay part because I got my holiday order in and there is so much good stuff in it. I am really excited about the hostess gift!! You should check out my website and see what I have now. www.marykay.com/deannamckinley
School is going. I am having a really tough time getting in the swing of things this year. A lot of it has to do with the fact that I have a handful of students that are way below the bar for being on grade level. Usually at this point in the year, I can confidently say 2 or 3 are struggling, but this year it is about 5-6. I have my work cut out for me already, but I know that it will begin to pick up and hopefully turn around soon. I know it will. I just have to pray each and every day that I get up that God will use me in a big way to reach these kids where they are and show them that I believe in them and know that if we both give it our all every day, together we can achieve more. The hardest part is 3 of the 5-6 students are very lazy. They refuse to go the extra degree to help themselves. I push and push them and try to give them every extra ounce of encouragement, but it does not seem to phase them. They can just look at me and turn away without any change in what they are doing. It tries my patience daily, but I know that I have to find an inner peace that will be extended to these students in the most frustrating of times. I really am trying to be more positive in these times, but some days, I let the devil get the best of me. Please pray for my patience and understanding daily. I want to be seen as the teacher who made a difference in the lives of all of my students, even the most frustrating ones. I have to let God rule more in the tougher times, instead of letting the devil take over and get the best of my emotions.
I am looking forward to visits from some of favorite people, as well as going to visit some of my favorite people. Sometimes, God wants us to take full advantage of second chances and refreshed friendships. I so love it when I have the chance to do so!!
No comments:
Post a Comment