In one week from today, I will board a series of planes to finally arrive in Visakhapatnam, India. I will be gone for 11 days, 3 of which will be traveling days. The route there will include a stop in London and Hyderabad, India. On the way back, we will make more stops: Chennai, India; New Delhi, India; Chicago; and Dallas!! I will be excited to see my bed once I get home...or at least soon after I arrive. Right, Megan?!? Anyway, we have been preparing for this journey as a team for the last 10 weeks; however, in the most recent week, we feel very unprepared. The reason for this is we are the first team of members to go on this particular trip. The only other team from our church that has gone to this area was a group of pastors and a couple of other members. Their main focus was the pastor's conference, which they attended. So, we are the first team to go and see what ways we can help the ministry of Vision Nationals. We know that we will be working with an orphanage, school, church, and widow's ministry. What will that look like? We do not know. I know that mission trips require flexibility, but my team is a bit unnerved with the idea that we will be put on the spot to teach lessons from the Bible. I am fine telling others about Christ and teaching the stories, but I want to be able to have all of my information available, such as, Bible verses that support the stories. I feel like I am familiar with a lot of stories, but as a teacher, I just want to be fully prepared to make Scripture come to life as much as possible for the people we come in contact with, as most of them are either Hindu, Muslim, or Buddhist. Along with this note, my team did go to a Hindu temple last week. It just broke my heart to see these people worshipping the gods that man had created. Some of the gods' curtains were pulled because they said the god was sleeping or getting cleaned. Others were being painted, while still others will just sitting there, receiving sacrifices in front of them. The idea that our God never sleeps or needs to be cleaned just overwhelmed my heart. Our God is an awesome God, reigning over all things. I am so thankful for this truth and am even more thankful that He loves us enough to meet us right where we are and press on our hearts to share the message of His Son, Jesus, with all of the world. I am so honored to have this opportunity and am blown away by the many ways God has provided for this trip. I have received all the funding needed for my journey, in addition to the supplies and such needed to go. I am truly in awe of the many ways God has shown His hand is on every detail of this trip for me and my team! I know that I take many things for granted on a day to day basis and I doubt more than I should. When God shows up in the way only He can, I am brought back to the cross, asking forgiveness for ever doubting our mighty God! Last night, we had a prayer service at church. It was so amazing to me to hear the murmurs of the people in the room as they prayed for our team, other teams, each other, and strangers in our paths from day to day. It truly makes me humbled to know that so many people in one room have such a love for Christ and a desire to see His name lifted high! We sang a song that just makes you want to scream, shout, and dance last night, as its lyrics are so powerful...
"Glorious Day"
One day when Heaven was filled with His praises
One day when sin was as black as could be
Jesus came forth to be born of a Virgin
Dwelt among men, my example is He
Word became flesh and the light shined among us
His glory revealed
Living He loved me, dying He saved me
And buried He carried my sins far away
Rising He justified freely forever
One day He's coming, oh, glorious day, oh, glorious day
One day they led Him up Calvary's mountain
One day they nailed Him to die on a tree
Suffering anguish, despised and rejected
Bearing our sins, my Redeemer is He
Hands that healed nations, stretched out on a tree
And took the nails for me
'Cause living He loved me, dying He saved me
And buried He carried my sins far away
Rising He justified freely forever
One day He's coming, oh, glorious day, oh, glorious day
One day the grave could conceal Him no longer
One day the stone rolled away from the door
Then He arose, over death He had conquered
Now He's ascended, my Lord evermore
Death could not hold Him
The grave could not keep Him from rising again
Living He loved me, dying He saved me
And buried He carried my sins far away
Rising He justified freely forever
One day He's coming, oh, glorious day, oh, glorious day
Glorious day
One day the trumpet will sound for His coming
One day the skies with His glories will shine
Wonderful day, my beloved one bringing
My Savior Jesus is mine
Living He loved me, dying He saved me
And buried He carried my sins far away
Rising He justified freely forever
One day He's coming, oh, glorious day, oh, glorious day
Glorious day, oh, glorious day
This song is such a strong song!! I find myself singing this when I feel like life is too crazy or unbearable. I am quickly reminded of all that Christ has gone through and bore for me. It makes me sit and relax a bit to know that nothing we endure here on Earth is too much for Christ to carry us through...that is a truth I can rest in daily!!
As we prepare for India, I do ask that you pray for a couple of things: Opportunities and boldness to share the gospel; receptive hearts; our thoughts and meditations will be on things above without distractions (Psalm 19:14, Philippians 4:8-9); we will be filled with the Spirit; our words will not be our own, but will be the demonstration of the Spirit's power (1 Corinthians 2:1-5, Ephesians 6:19); we will be protected with the armor of God, especially against evil spirits and any attacks or lies from Satan (Ephesians 6:10-18, 2 Peter 5:8-9); unity and love among our team (Romans 15:5); safe travels and health for each team member, our families and loved ones to have peace while we are away without worry or anxiety (2 Peter 5:7).
Thanks in advance for your continued prayers and support as I embark on this journey!! I love y'all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment